Saturday, June 14, 2008

Alba's `Love Guru' co stars say she'll be a strict mom


LOS ANGELES - New mom Jessica Alba will practice tough love.

"The baby isn't getting away with nothing," Romany Malco, who joins Alba and Mike Meyers in "The Love Guru," told AP Television at the movie's premiere.

Another cast member, Meagan Good, said Alba will probably be "strict and, `This is the way things go.' But I think that's great for a kid."

And Alba's stunt double, Taryn Dakha, threw in her two cents, saying: "She'll be a tough mom but she's a phenomenal mother."

They'll all basing their prognostications on what Alba says herself.

"I don't want to be my child's best friend," the 27-year-old actress recently told Fit Pregnancy magazine. "I want to be a mom. But I do want my child to come to me when they have problems and need to talk, so it's going to be about treading that line."

In "The Love Guru," set for release June 20, Alba — who with husband Cash Warren welcomed a baby girl, Honor Marie Warren, earlier this month_ plays a hockey team owner who enlists Pitka (Myers) the love guru to reunite her star player (Malco) and his estranged wife (Good).

No comments: